[News] Microsoft Envies Open Source Browsers, Might Exploit KDE/Webkit

Microsoft may adopt WebKit, won't stop IE development

,----[ Quote ]
| "Apple has embraced Webkit and we may look at that, but we will continue to
| build extensions for IE 8," said Ballmer.
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles/08/11/06/microsoft.may.adopt.webkit/

Hell freezes over: Ballmer considering open-source browser?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10085467-16.html

Ballmer: Microsoft 'interested' in open-source browser

http://www.computerworlduk.com/toolbox/open-source/open-source-business/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsId=11866

Ballmer’s upside down thinking on open source

,----[ Quote ]
| I guess with Steve Ballmer not ruling out open source is as close as you’re
| going to get to a ringing endorsement.
`----

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2008/11/07/ballmers-upside-down-thinking-on-open-source/

Related:

Arora, a WebKit browser in Qt

,----[ Quote ]
| The release of Qt 4.4 came along with the WebKit browser engine which could
| be tested with an included demo browser. This demo browser is now developed
| independent under the name Arora and is already, while in early development a
| cross platform Qt browser.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2008/05/27/arora-a-webkit-browser-in-qt/

Set a Firefox World Record!

,----[ Quote ]
| The New York Times ad…Firefox Flicks…the Firefox crop circle…Operation
| Firefox…you name it!  The Firefox community is always up to some cool,
| collaborative way to declare their passion for Firefox.  What better way to
| do this than band together to set a Guinness World Record for the most
| software downloaded in 24 hours?!
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2008/05/28/set-a-firefox-world-record/

Mozilla: Final Firefox 3 expected in June

,----[ Quote ]
| "We're looking for final ship sometime in June," said Mike Schroepfer,
| Mozilla's vice president of engineering, in an interview Wednesday. Mozilla,
| which was spun out of AOL more than 10 years ago, oversees the Firefox
| programming project.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13580_3-9949358-39.html

Mozilla targets Firefox 3.1 release for later this year

,----[ Quote ]
| Although Mozilla hasn't even released the final version of Firefox 3.0, its
| developers are already hammering out plans for the next edition, which may
| come as soon as late 2008, according to posts written by company executives.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1822550569&rid=-50

5 Things You'll Love about Firefox 3

,----[ Quote ]
| As it turns out, I'm still using a prerelease version of Firefox (they're at
| Release Candidate 1 now) and loving it, even without my beloved add-ons. The
| improvements Mozilla has made to the browser, while subtle, are so helpful
| that I didn't want to give them up. Here are five of my favorites.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,146279-c,mozilla/article.html

Mozilla's dev team shares Firefox secrets in T.O.

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.thestandard.com/news/2008/05/23/mozillas-dev-team-shares-firefox-secrets-t-o