Re: Linux ... FAR, FAR easier to install than Windows!

Verily I say unto thee, that Richard Rasker spake thusly:
> amicus_curious wrote:

>> You must really live out in the sticks.  To install Windows, you
>> simply:
>>
>> 1.  Buy a computer.
>>
>> 2.  Bring it home.
>>
>> 3.  Open the box.
>>
>> 4.  Plug it in.
>>
>> That's how the settled world does it.

Is that "settled" as in "people have settled for lower standards" or
"OEM deals are settled under the table"?

Trust amicus_unscrupulous to condone racketeering substandard software.

> And you claim that this process, costing the average user at least
> twenty hours of work, is /easier/ than installing Linux? And what
> about the annual (or even more frequent) reinstalls? People go out
> and buy a new computer every time the OS has crapped out on them? Oh
> yes, I forgot, lots of people do ...

Windows: The Disposable OS.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 20:30:17 up 2 days,  4:13,  4 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.18, 0.16