[News] [Rival] Microsoft AstroTurfing Harms Yahoo-Google Deal, Headhunter Icahn Makes Move

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft AstroTurfing Harms Yahoo-Google Deal, Headhunter Icahn Makes Move
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 00:00:17 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Yahoo feeling the Microsoft nudge

,----[ Quote ]
| Yahoo shares edged up Tuesday as analysts and the company's own major
| shareholder and director Carl Icahn said they longed for the Internet search
| pioneer to entertain a search-only deal with Microsoft.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10082321-93.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Icahn Says Yahoo Should Do Search Deal With Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Billionaire investor and Yahoo Inc. (YHOO) board member Carl Icahn on Monday
| reiterated his position that the Internet giant should consider striking a
| search agreement with rival Microsoft Corp. (MSFT).
`----

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200811031831DOWJONESDJONLINE000597_FORTUNE5.htm

Ichan, who already parked himself inside the board, is already agitating the
company again.

Obama should put this man in prison. Thugs in suits don't belong in society.
His commandeers at Microsoft should be sentenced to jail too.

Minorities and Corn Growers Rise Against Google-Yahoo.

,----[ Quote ]
| A Microsoft funded PR firm is backing an odd collection of "community" groups
| against cooperation between Google and Yahoo. If Justice is blind, they
| should have a hard time blocking anything.
`----

http://slashdot.org/~twitter/journal/202702

Google-Yahoo! collects some strange enemies

,----[ Quote ]
| The 16 groups wrote to Assistant Attorney General Thomas Barnett, warning
| that such mega-mergers usually work to the detriment of consumers and
| minority groups. It was Barnett who warned that European antitrust action
| against Microsoft might chill innovation and discourage competition.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05/12/everyone_against_google_yahoo/

Now they want to buy Yahoo although it's refuted.

"Usually Microsoft doesn't develop products, we buy products."

- --Arno Edelmann, Microsoft's European business security product manager
        http://news.zdnet.co.uk/security/0,1000000189,39286351,00.htm

Recent:

Corn Farmers Against Google?

,----[ Quote ]