[News] Firefox 4.0 Features Preview, Other Developments

Top 3 Mozilla Firefox 4 Features For Next Generation Browsing Experience

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla Firefox needs no special mention to anyone who is associated with
| internet. Perhaps the fastest and most reliable browser in this world is the
| most popular one too as they achieved the Guiness Book of World Records for
| most download in a single day. The key to their success has been continuous
| improvement of the browser and large committed group of high-quality
| developers, which Mozilla Foundation could cheaply leverage due to the open
| source nature of the product. Mozilla Foundation surely do not believe in
| resting on their laurels. Mozilla Firefox 4 suits the idiom perfectly as it
| is coming up with some features we could have never imagined in a browser.
`----

http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/get-next-gen-browsing-experience-with-mozilla-firefox-4/

Meet Firefox 3.1 new tab preview panel

,----[ Quote ]
| In preparation for Firefox 3.1 Beta 2, due around mid-November, the Firefox
| development team is furiously completing and landing important features to
| the code base.
|
| Today’s nightly features the long ago announced tab preview panel that
| replaces the All tabs list it used to feature in the far right side.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/11/meet-firefox-31-new-tab-preview-panel/

Early Look at Firefox's Private Browsing Mode

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox users have long had the capability to surf the web without leaving
| any cookies, URL history, or other identifying marks, given add-ons like
| Stealther and many others. In the next upgrade to the open-source browser,
| 3.1, the browser itself will offer a "Private Browsing" mode for anything you
| don't want shown to anyone else on your system—you know, like gift ideas!
| Private Browsing is enabled in the latest test builds of Firefox 3.1, so
| let's take a look at how it works, and what it looks like, below.
`----

http://lifehacker.com/5077001/early-look-at-firefoxs-private-browsing-mode

about:mozilla: Firefox at 20% Market Share, Add-ons for Fennec, Private
Browsing for Firefox 3.1 and more…

https://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2008/11/04/aboutmozilla-firefox-at-20-market-share-add-ons-for-fennec-private-browsing-for-firefox-31-and-more/

Recent:

Funny FireFox Ads

,----[ Quote ]
| No secret that we love Firefox, it’s arguably the best browser in the world,
| and some very cool ad spots have been made by fans and posted, here’s a few
| of the ones we liked.
`----

http://opsamericas.com/?p=856

20+ Firefox 3 Security and Privacy Extensions

,----[ Quote ]
| While Firefox is considered a safe browser by most people, it can never hurt
| to add more layers of security in this day and age. And while you’re at it,
| there are a number of ways to increase your privacy online. Here are over 20
| extensions that can provide you with useful ways to protect yourself, your
| identity and your family on the Internet.
`----

http://mashable.com/2008/10/31/firefox-security-extensions/

7 Apps Every Open Source Enthusiast Should Brag About

,----[ Quote ]
| There you have it. 7 apps that you can brag about or just to prove a point
| about Open Source. Of course this list is not exhuastive at all! Open Source
| has lots up it’s sleeve. Thunderbird, Gimp, OpenSSH, Laconica, MythTV…etc all
| are beaming examples of our great culture. Open Source FTW!
`----

http://www.dailyartisan.com/news/7-apps-every-open-source-enthusiast-should-brag-about/

CyberNotes: Top 10 Firefox Extensions to Impress Your Friends

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox extensions are often lauded for the additional features and
| functionality that they bring to the browser. Some of them can save you crazy
| amounts of time, while others are more about beautifying Firefox. Here at
| CyberNet we typically try to focus on those extensions that can make you more
| productive, but today we’re going to flaunt what the developers have given
| us. That’s right, it’s time to tell your friends that your browser is better
| than theirs.
`----

http://cybernetnews.com/2008/05/14/cybernotes-top-10-firefox-extensions-to-impress-your-friends/

Firefox 3 is coming - is it everything we hoped for?

,----[ Quote ]
| While it can be said that there are no can't-live-without features included,
| the full package is a great improvement on Firefox 2. Mozilla have made a lot
| of changes and innovations to the application but it's unlikely that anything
| will strike the casual user and make him or her go "wow!". However, the speed
| of the browser and its handling of web applications could make it a winner
| and it looks like Mozilla has again raised the bar for Microsoft.
`----

http://www.bigmouthmedia.com/live/articles/firefox-3-is-coming.asp/4729/

Mozilla: Firefox 3 beats IE7 and Opera in memory tests

,----[ Quote ]
| Work done to plug Firefox's memory leaks and reduce its RAM profile has paid
| off, two of Mozilla's engineers said Friday, as they claimed that the newest
| beta of their open-source browser uses less memory than rivals such as
| Internet Explorer and Opera.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1368883081&rid=-50

Firefox 3 is Worth the Upgrade!