Re: [News] ASUS Goes Back to Windows-incapable Roots, Cheap Sub-notebooks

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 23:32:42 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Acer bets big on Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Acer has stated that it will be pushing Linux aggressively on its
> laptops and | netbooks.
> `----

Acer needs to make sure that its future laptops don't require any sort of
proprietary driver. I just got tired of messing with the stupid
proprietary chipset on the wireless card and replaced it with an Intel.

And of course, my SD card readers _still_ don't work. Again, proprietary
chipset and no code available for it anywhere.

Yes, I'm a little miffed, but at least its down to only the SD card
readers which I don't really need (and have a USB reader anyhow).