Re: Vista to Linux

Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> It has now dual boot, linux and XP. Linux is the default choice. Guess
> what: She barely noticed, and gets along just fine

Yep. The wife of my brother's co-worker had a computer that just kept puking
on XP (probably a bad driver). She finally got tired of it and got a free
copy of Ubuntu in the mail. She installed it, it worked great and she loved
it. Her usage was basically browsing, email, pictures, writing letters,
etc -- there's no reason why anyone couldn't get Linux to do that. After
all, how hard is it to click on icons?

(Snit would say it's "really hard" because the icons are a different color
and/or shape than they are on the Mac -- therefore impossible to figure
out. But Snit's a troll, so who gives a flying fig what he would say?)

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"