[News] [News] MuleSource Explains Why Distributed Free Software Development Works Well

  • Subject: [News] [News] MuleSource Explains Why Distributed Free Software Development Works Well
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 23:28:45 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Open Enterprise Interview: Ross Mason, MuleSource

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the hottest buzzwords/buzzphrases over the last few years has been
| Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). This is rather good news for open
| source, since SOA's underlying philosophy of linking together many separate
| elements fits free software like a glove.
|
| [...]
|
| I had first encountered open source in the late 90s, as Linux came into the
| mainstream. At the time, although it was a huge departure from the
| traditional software model, open source really resonated with me as an IT
| architect, since it allows for distributed innovation, and necessitates a
| modular architecture. It really seemed like a better way to develop and
| distribute software.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=1456&blogid=14

Recent:

MuleSource adds to open-source SOA, ESB

,----[ Quote ]
| Furthering its open-source SOA middleware, MuleSource this week upgraded both
| its SOA governance platform, enabling custom extensions, and its ESB, which
| offers REST support.
`----

http://www.nytimes.com/external/idg/2008/10/23/23idg-MuleSource-adds.html

MuleSource Enriches SOA Governance Platform with Powerful New Features for
Customization and Increased Productivity

,----[ Quote ]
| MuleSource, the leading provider of open source service oriented architecture
| (SOA) infrastructure software, today announced the general availability of
| Mule Galaxy 1.5, the latest major release of MuleSource's open source SOA
| governance platform with integrated registry/repository.
`----

http://www.centredaily.com/business/technology/story/913733.html

Related:

Open source firms MuleSource, Zmanda net extra funding

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/052207-open-source-firms-mulesource-zmanda-net.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news