[News] FSFE Makes Money in Ethical Ways, Newsletter Out

Status of FSFE's legal dept: FTF

,----[ Quote ]
| Legal network
|
| [...]
|
| Producing documentation
|
| [...]
|
| GPL enforcement
|
| [...]
|
| FLA: Fiduciary Licence Agreement
|
| [...]
|
| Training and consulation
`----

http://fsfe.org/en/fellows/ciaran/ciaran_s_free_software_notes/status_of_fsfe_s_legal_dept_ftf

[FSFE PR][EN] FSFE Newsletter

,----[ Quote ]
| This was an important month for Free Software.  Not only was Software Freedom
| Day held (as always) on the 20th, but this years marks the 25th anniversary
| of the GNU Project.  Celebrations took place across Europe and our Fellows
| continued to support Free Software in local areas with enthusiasm and
| passion.
|
| Other important events took place.  On the policy level, FSFE engaged with
| representatives of the World Bank to explain why Free Software continues
| to be important in both economics and politics.  On the legal level, meetings
| speeches, panels and training events continued to build infrastructure for
| the future.
`----

http://mail.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/press-release/2008q4/000220.html

Recent:

free software laptop campaign

,----[ Quote ]
| Finally I did it.
| I decided to point to an higher goal asking Dell to produce a free
| software laptop.
|
| I made a campaign in english and italian inviting all the people to ask
| Dell for a machine with coreboot, atheros wireless chipset and gnewsense
| preinstalled.
`----

http://mail.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/discussion/2008-October/008089.html

Fellowship interview with Rolf Camps