[News] New Solaris with ZFS Released (But Nobody Notices)

Solaris 10 10/08 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| A new update of Solaris 10 has been made available today. There are a lot of
| ZFS enhancements and the next-gen file system is now supported as an
| installable root file system.
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story/20472/Solaris_10_10_08_Released

One Year With OpenSolaris Binary Releases

,----[ Quote ]
| It was one year ago to the day that the first developer preview of Sun
| Microsystem's Project Indiana was released and was called OpenSolaris, the
| same name that Sun had been using for their open-source Solaris code
| repository. Since then we have had the official release of OpenSolaris
| 2008.05 and version 2008.11 of OpenSolaris has been under development but is
| scheduled to be officially released in November.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=opensolaris_birthday&num=1

Sun Pushes ZFS Deeper Into Solaris

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun finally extends the file system with its Solaris 10 update -- giving new
| capabilities to system admins that had already been available elsewhere in
| the OS.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/storage/article.php/3782151/Sun+Pushes+ZFS+Deeper+Into+Solaris.htm

They should join forces with Linux.

Recent:

OpenSolaris still has some Linux copying to do

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06/13/open_solaris_review/