Re: [News] A Look at the Linux-based Challenger to ZFS

On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 07:18:19 -0700
Snit <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The error in your claim is that you are assuming that the user should
> be responsible for making a unified experience... even though *no*
> distro has been able to do so nor has *anyone* in COLA been able to
> create a list of apps that would offer this *choice*... a choice that
> would be unambiguously better for most users (if not all).

If there is a flaw in my claim, point it out.  Everyone has the freedom
of choice.

If you can't read the package description in Synaptic, that's really
not my problem; the system is certainly designed for the literate to
use. If you choose not to take the time to read the package description
in Synaptic, that is also not my problem, they are provided so that
you can make that choice---why would someone here duplicate that work,
hrm?  If you're going to install software, all you have to do is know
how to point, click, and read.  If you need to ask a question about
what you're reading, then do so.  If you use Ubuntu, you can use
Launchpad Answers, or a relevant support newsgroup or mailing list.

	--- Mike

--
My sigfile ran away and is on hiatus.
http://www.trausch.us/