[News] [Rival] Microsoft Windows Zombie Lead to Military Action

Tech industry group battles botnets

,----[ Quote ]
| Several ISPs and Internet companies will meet in San Francisco early next
| year to adopt a common strategy for combating botnets, the remotely
| controlled networks that are used to carry out distributed denial-of-service
| attacks and massive spam campaigns.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/103008-botnets.html

US Army sets up special new task force to protect against cyber attacks

,----[ Quote ]
| The US Army has set up a new task force for the protection against cyber
| attacks. The Defense Industrial Base Cyber Security Task Force (DIB CSTF)
| will combat the apparently widespread theft of controlled but unclassified
| information from computer systems. The group will have an annual budget of
| $1.2m. According to a report issued by the US Army last August, such
| incidents can "potentially undermine and even neutralise the technological
| advantage and combat effectiveness of the future force".
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/118234

"Spam will be a thing of the past in two years’ time."

                        --Bill Gates, 2004

"There are no significant bugs in our released software that any significant
number of users want fixed."

                        --Bill Gates, 1995

"The Internet? We are not interested in it."

                        --Bill Gates, 1993

"Like almost everyone who uses e-mail, I receive a ton of spam every day. Much
of it offers to help me get out of debt or get rich quick. It would be funny
if it weren't so irritating."

                        --Bill Gates

Recent:

What is the speed of spam? 7.8 billion messages per hour!

,----[ Quote ]
| Spam volumes have doubled, and the Srizbi botnet alone was seen to be capable
| of pumping out an astonishing 7.8 billion messages an hour. That is probably
| worth repeating: 7.8 BILLION spams every single hour!
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/19992/1054/

Bots rule in cyberspace

,----[ Quote ]