[News] Champions of Free Software in Norway and Holland

eZ believes in true Enterprise Open Source for eZ Publish

,----[ Quote ]
| We hear more and more about how Open Source is influencing the software
| industry. Not too long ago, Open Source was perceived as a movement for
| idealists and hardcore programmers. As an Open Source entrepreneur, I
| remember those times when the most frequent question I got at IT exhibitions
| was something along the lines of: "Why are you here? You cannot afford to be
| here."
`----

http://ez.no/company/news/ez_believes_in_true_enterprise_open_source_for_ez_publish

How to make money with free software...

,----[ Quote ]
| The Dutch Ministry of Finance organized an architecture competition for which
| a selected group of architectural offices (unstudio, nox, ...) and artists
| were invited, including myself. The goal of the competition was not to design
| a building, but the new 5 euro commemorative coin with the theme 'Netherlands
| and Architecture'. The winner will be rewarded with a nice price, but most of
| all with the honor: his design will be realized and will be a legal coin
| within the Netherlands.
`----

http://pythonide.blogspot.com/2008/10/how-to-make-money-with-free-software.html

Related:

Domino: The Netherlands

,----[ Quote ]
| It is hard to believe, but Heise reports that Microsoft was threatening the
| Dutch government to sue it before the European Court of Juctice which would
| be a competition case.
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-31230/domino:the-netherlands

FOSS in Dutch government

,----[ Quote ]
| There will be an office where people can complain if they cannot communicate
| with the government using open standards. So non-compliance of government
| agencies will be measured.
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3142

Dutch government threatens to sideline Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Proposed legislation that would mandate the use of the Open Document Format
| (ODF) across the entire Dutch government has infuriated Microsoft.
|
| [...]
|
| Microsoft Netherlands has engaged in fierce lobbying in an attempt to derail
| the plan. The company argues that the current definition is too narrow,
| specifically by mandating ODF rather than open standards in general
`----

http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/12/10/dutch/index.phpon-linux

Netherlands Picks ODF

,----[ Quote ]