Re: Roy Schestowitz finally tells the truth and admits he's a paid spammer

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 13:59:33 +0200, Hadron wrote:

> "Ezekiel" <zeke@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/7164350319d24eaf?hl=en
>>
>> <quote>
>> schestowitz     "If you told me six years ago that we would have a staff of
>> 30 and almost a quarter of a million readers per day, I would've thought you
>> were nuts. But that's exactly where we stand today. With financial support
>> coming only from our readership and a couple of small grants, we are able to
>> employ all of these dedicated people, maintain multiple servers and produce
>> high quality services."      Oct 21 21:46
>> </quote>
>>

> Huh? I thought he had admitted it anyway. It's fairly common knowledge
> and part of the reason Roy never finished college I thought - he jumped
> on the gravy train instead. I was sure I had read reports here about who
> employs him and why. Although I do recall another train of thought which
> a lot of people subscribed to, that Roy was in fact a "reverse troll"
> ,sent out there people like Willy Poaster and Tattoo Vampire, whose role
> it is to make Linux users and real advocates look like a bunch of
> retards and lunatics.
>
> Regarding the link, I love his whining about taking things "out of
> context". Pot Kettle etc. The context to my post was immaterial. The
> line offered to Roy was that he really is, personally, a threat to
> Microsoft. One can almost see his little pigeon chest pumping out.

It's about time he got some of his own medicine.
He misquotes constantly, provides links that have nothing to do with his
subject matter and often relies on blogs as *proof* to confirm his claims.

As for the comment in the log you posted, there is no other way to take
that.
It's pretty obvious.
The jackass and his loony toon friends actually believe Microsoft is afraid
of him.

Absurd at best.

--
Moshe Goldfarb