[News] No Vista, Try GNU/Linux Instead

If you sit out Vista, what are your alternatives?

,----[ Quote ]
| Leaping for Linux
|
| Linux proponents have seemingly declared every year since 2000 as being the
| year for Linux On The Desktop. Linux seems to get better with every
| iteration, but is it there yet?  It might be.
|
| I spend about half my day on a Linux box. About the only time I flip to
| Windows is when I have to do something that Linux can’t - like working with
| Exchange’s calendars conveniently for example.
|
| With the new distributions that are constantly coming out, Linux programmers
| have been consistently moving the ball down the field, encroaching on
| Windows’ desktop territory. As decent as things are now, with another 2 years
| of coding 2010 just might BE the year of Linux On The Desktop.
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/decisioncentral/?p=160

Days ago:

Ballmer says skip Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| ...Microsoft has been stepping back from Vista for some time now. In
| early October, Microsoft quietly announced that it was extending sales
| of XP Professional SP3. In my opinion, XP SP3 is a much better
| operating system than Vista will ever be. Before that, Microsoft
| started fast-tracking Windows 7 and deemphasizing Vista. I've also
| noticed that, after giving up on those terrible Bill Gates and
| Seinfeld ads, Microsoft's equally awful "I'm a PC" ads seem to be
| disappearing off the airwaves...
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/ballmer_says_skip_vista

Related:

Ballmer: Vista Is 'a Work in Progress'

,----[ Quote ]
| As PC users clamor for Microsoft to continue to support Windows XP, company
| CEO Steve Ballmer called the Vista OS "a work in progress" at an annual
| Seattle event on Thursday.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/144773/ballmer_vista_is_a_work_in_progress.html

Holy Crap: Did Bill Gates Just Say Windows Sucks?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://gizmodo.com/342920/holy-crap-did-bill-gates-just-say-windows-sucks