[News] Escape Story from Windows to GNU/Linux

Breaking Up With Bill

,----[ Quote ]
| You SOB! You BSODed my old desktop enough times already!
|
| “Ay, ma’am, XP na lang,” the technician offered.
|
| So it was back to the Bill that I was used used to.
|
| But things were never the same with me again. I ditched IE for FF. I
| installed OpenOffice.
|
| I wanted to be free.
|
| It was not a surprise that I met Linus.
|
| He does not talk in mindless riddles. He offers security, variety,
| transparency, efficiency, freedom. And all for free.
`----

http://cdotraffic.wordpress.com/2008/10/16/breaking-up-with-bill/

Windows XP - PCLinuxOS Dual Boot Saves the Day

,----[ Quote ]
| I didn't have time to do a virus scan. A quick look at the main directory via
| the command prompt showing a hidden autorun.inf containing suspicious entries
| confirmed that there was one lurking around. Sure, I was able to remove the
| autorun.inf file, but who knows what other files contained them. To continue
| working on my spreadsheet ASAP, I simply restarted the system, booted up on
| PCLinuxOS, and completed my work there.
`----

http://steamingopencup.blogspot.com/2008/10/windows-xp-pclinuxos-dual-boot-saves.html

Related:

Fair trade

,----[ Quote ]
| Computerbank's Kylie Davies was impressed with the prototype she saw at a
| recent Linux conference, which she says is an exciting tech step forward for
| the 99 per cent of children in developing countries who leave school without
| ever having touched a computer.
`----

http://www.smh.com.au/news/laptops--desktops/fair-trade/2007/10/16/1192300772339.html

FOSSFA calls for use of open hardware