[News] The Spectrum Monopoly/Oligarchy is Dying

FCC chairman backs use of 'white space' spectrum

,----[ Quote ]
| Companies lobbying the Federal Communications Commission to access unused
| spectrum known as "white spaces" won a big victory on Wednesday when Chairman
| Kevin Martin threw his weight behind the proposal citing findings in an FCC
| report that was also issued Wednesday.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10067331-94.html

Recent:

FCC pelts Comcast with rotten veg

| Having put the company in the stocks two weeks ago, the FCC heaped a load of
| rotten vegetables over US cable giant Comcast yesterday.
|
| [...]
|
| The decision set a historic precedent for regulating packet networks, and not
| surprisingly much of the document (pdf) is devoted to a justification of why
| the FCC has the authority to intervene.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08/21/fcc_comcast_order/

FCC on Comcast: Bravo!

,----[ Quote ]
| Free Press (and others) alleged that Comcast was blocking the BitTorrent
| application. We've known for sometime the result in this case (because of the
| weird practice of the FCC to release the results of an order without
| necessarily releasing the order). But at the crack of dawn (California time)
| today, the Commission released its 34 page order.
|
| It is fantastically well done. So much so that I felt compelled (in that
| weird lawyer like way) to blather my own 5 pages of thanks in a letter to the
| Commission that will be mailed today.
`----

http://lessig.org/blog/2008/08/fcc_on_comcast_bravo.html

Bipartisan FCC Majority Condemns Comcast's Illegal Blocking

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.freepress.net/node/43516