[News] More First Person Shooters for GNU/Linux

Linux games - First Person Shooters - Part Deux

,----[ Quote ]
| In the last article, we have reviewed three excellent First Person Shooters
| (FPS) - OpenArena, Sauerbraten and Nexuiz - which offer you a good mix of
| solid graphics, fast-paced action and cross-platform compatibility, while
| being simple to use and configure, free, stable, and low on hardware demands.
| OpenArena and Sauerbraten allow you to test your fingertip skills against a
| range of monsters in both the single and multiplayer mode, whereas Nexuiz is
| geared toward online, multiplayer gaming only. Regardless which one you
| choose, you are in for some great fun, killing nefarious fiends from another
| dimension.
|
| Today, we'll talk about games where you play as a human - against other
| humans. Our two candidates are AssaultCube and Urban Terror.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/games/linux_games_part_2.html

Recent:

Linux games - First Person Shooters

,----[ Quote ]
| The truth is, there are quite a few games for Linux, but the problem is - not
| that many people are aware of them or willing to take the plunge. This is
| becoming less and less of any issue every day, as the games are moving from
| console nightmares and WINE hacks toward stable packages, some already being
| shipped via repositories of the larger distros.
|
| Let us dispel the fear and doubt.
|
| This article / review will introduce some of the most popular First Person
| Shooters (FPS) that can be enjoyed on just about any operating system,
| including both Linux and Windows. A separate article will introduce many
| games in other genres.
|
| The common thing all these games have in common is that I have played them -
| and liked them!
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/games/linux_games_part_1.html

Related:

Tux Project gets behind the Freedomware Gamefest 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| Just as it seemed that we're a bit underrated in terms of promotion and that
| this first tournament will probably not be as big in size as we'd hope for, a
| nice turnaround happened.
`----

http://www.nuxified.org/blog/tux_project_gets_behind_the_freedomware_gamefest_2007

Debunking reasons not to open source indie freeware games

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://freegamer.blogspot.com/2007/06/debunking-reasons-not-to-open-source.html