[News] Ubuntu 8.10 Gets Decent Wallpaper, Better Windows Installer

Ubuntu 8.10 Has a Brand New Wallpaper

,----[ Quote ]
| Mark Shuttleworth promised a new and breathtaking theme for the upcoming
| Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex)
| operating system, but until now we saw a dark and ugly one (NewHuman, also
| know as DarkRoom) introduced in the first alpha release, which disappeared in
| Alpha 4 and was replaced by an up-to-date version of the classical Human
| Murrine theme. Later, in the Beta release,
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-8-10-Has-a-Brand-New-Wallpaper-95451.shtml

Wubi-ing Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Beta

,----[ Quote ]
| One benefit I enjoy working at Tyler Projects was the freedom in choosing the
| operating system I want. My PC is quite a powerful machine, with 2 GB ram and
| dual cores. It ran Vista quite seamlessly. I decided to install Ubuntu Linux
| I could have easily setup a dual boot but I decided to take this opportunity
| to try out the Wubi installer for the first time. For those not in the know,
| Wubi allows you to install and uninstall Ubuntu as any other Windows
| application, in a simple way that is hardly rocket science.
`----

http://linuxnus.org/2008/10/11/wubi-ing-ubuntu-810-intrepid-beta/

Recent:

The wallpapers that should make their ways to Intrepid Ibex

,----[ Quote ]
| No more discussion on the new wallpaper that is probably going to be ported
| with the next version of our favorite OS that is going to be released on 30th
| October, 2008. Everyone agrees that the default wallpaper sucks! Ubuntu fans
| were asking for a better theme and a default wallpaper but it seems that the
| developers worked hard on how to make its apperance even worse. Here are some
| Intrepid Ibex wallpapers floating around the internet and honestly each of
| them deserves to be a default wallpaper for the upcoming Ubuntu.
`----

http://www.quicktweaks.com/2008/10/05/the-wallpapers-that-should-made-their-ways-to-intrepid-ibex/

First Look at Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex" Beta

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://lifehacker.com/5058730/first-look-at-ubuntu-810-intrepid-ibex-beta