[News] Fedora 10 Steps Closer to Final Release

Fedora 10 Snapshot 1 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| As part of our development schedule, we are releasing a snapshot of
| Rawhide in Live form.  We are releasing these via bittorrent
| only as it is a much lighter weight method to get bits out the door than
| to go through our mirroring system.  If you cannot use bittorrent we
| apologize for the inconvenience.
`----

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-October/msg00004.html

Recent:

Fedora 10 Beta ScreenShots

,----[ Quote ]
| No need to introduce Fedora as they are usually in the top 5 at
| http://distrowatch.com. Fedora always stay current with the newest open
| source packages and usually at the forefront of the Linux Community. So with
| no further delay..... Check these Fedora 10 Beta ScreenShots.
`----

http://www.linuxdynasty.org/fedora-10-beta-screenshots.html

He's fighting to free us from Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Frields, of Raleigh, N.C.-based Red Hat Inc., is a real player in the open
| source world, and he lives and works in Fredericksburg. Red Hat, founded in
| 1995,  is a free and open source software company and a major Linux
| distribution vendor known for its enterprise operating system Red Hat
| Enterprise Linux. He's Red Hat's Fedora Project Leader. Fedora is a
| community-supported free and open-source Linux-based operating system.
`----

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2008/092008/09132008/410285

Migration to Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| Every time when user wants to try something different, many unanswered
| questions raised. Is is good? Why should I migrate, I am satisfied from my
| operating system now. Could I lose data on my computer? Is it possible just
| to see that thing and if I like it I would give it a try?
|
| Yes, now it is possible. Take a virtual migration tour with screenshots in
| just a few clicks. Do not try anything until you liked it! When you are
| completely sure about that, then you would migrate on real.
`----

http://spreadfedora.org/sf/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=40

Fedora 10 Codenamed "Cambridge"

,----[ Quote ]
| Cambridge was the Red Hat project that went on to form Fedora Core and it was
| the release name for Fedora Core 1. Now with Fedora 10, Red Hat has gone
| full-circle and its codename is Cambridge. This codename was voted on by
| Fedora contributors and among the other contenders were Farnsworth, Nitrate,
| Saltpetre, Terror, and Whiskey Run.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjYyNg

Early Fedora 10 Artwork