[News] A Look at KOffice 2.0 Beta Release

KOffice 2.0 beta hints at improved capabilities

,----[ Quote ]
| KOffice has been trailing the office application leaders for a long time.
| Despite years of development, it has yet to match OpenOffice.org feature for
| feature, although its features are complete enough that they have attracted a
| loyal community. Judging from the first beta, KOffice 2.0 will still not
| rival OpenOffice.org or other free software rivals, but it should be a major
| step in that direction.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/149770

Recent:

KWord: ODF Lists

,----[ Quote ]
| It's been a long busy month. With the impending 2.0 release, I have been
| hacking away polishing up ODF list support for KWord.
`----

http://blog.forwardbias.in/2008/10/kword-odf-lists.html

KOffice 2.0 Beta1 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| KOffice uses the OpenDocument Format as its native format. This will
| guarantee interoperation with many other Office packages such as
| OpenOffice.org and MS Office. The KOffice team has representatives on the
| OASIS technical committee for ODF and has been a strong participant in the
| process of shaping ODF since its inception.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1222347961/

KOffice Releases 10th Alpha of KOffice 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
| The KOffice team, developers, students, packagers and bug reporters have
| prepared the final Alpha release of KOffice 2.0: KOffice 2.0 Alpha 10.
| KOffice will enter feature freeze in two weeks, so the next release will be
| the first Beta. And we are committed to releasing as many Beta's as is
| necessary before declaring Release Candidate status for KOffice 2.0.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1219966353/

KOffice Releases Ninth Alpha of KOffice 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
| The KOffice team announces the availability of the ninth alpha release of
| KOffice 2.0. With KDE4 becoming more stable by the week, KOffice development
| is picking up at a fast pace and developers who previously had trouble
| keeping up are now getting active again, leading to a much increased rate of
| commits for KOffice. Both the NLnet sponsored Girish Ramakrisnan, who is
| working on OpenDocument support, and the KOffice Google Summer of Code
| students are delivering solid work.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1216221620/

First look: KOffice 2.0 Alpha 8

,----[ Quote ]
| The good news for people new to KOffice is the integrated installer makes
| downloading and installing the required software a breeze, even on Windows.
|
| Linux users are well acquainted with downloading many packages at a time from
| the Internet in order to install software, but this experience is less
| frequent on Windows, where users tend to download a monolithic package or
| install software from a DVD.
`----

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/224689/first_look_koffice_2_0_alpha_8

KOffice 2.0 Alpha 8

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenDocument Improvements
|
| One of the highlights of this release is the work on saving and loading Open
| Document Format documents, especially for the text shape, thanks to the
| sponsoring of Girish Ramakrishnan by the Dutch NLNet organisation. Girish has
| added scores of tests to check for ODF compliancy.
|
| It is also worthy of note that now KOffice is able to load and save images in
| text and presentation documents. Shapes can now be animated and associated
| with events such as sounds.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1213262197/

KOffice 2.0 Alpha 7 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| This release is the first to see some results of the OpenDocument Format
| testsuite being imported into KOffice. The testsuite exists from a lot of
| little documents that each show one feature in ODF. Automated testing of
| without fear of breaking the already working code. This is known as
| regression testing.
|
| In this release already 23 tests are added into KOffice and the results are
| visible in much better loading of text documents in KWord. KWord is also one
| of the target applications for 2.0, and NLNet has sponsored a developer
| working on that application.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1210273570/

NLnet Gives KOffice a New Logo and Sponsors ODF development

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1208521131/