[News] Mandriva 2009 (with KDE4) Wows Early Users

Mandriva 2009 with KDE 4: First Impressions

,----[ Quote ]
| Great job Mandriva team! I think you have a new user. I’m going to stick with
| 2009 through it’s cycle (personal commitment) without distro-hopping (if you
| know me hold me too this), and if it’s successful, I plan to purchase the
| 2009.1 Powerpack. Would I pay $59 for Ubuntu? Heck no! Would I pay $59 for
| this, with all codecs pre-installed, and a few commercial apps? Heck yeah!
`----

http://jaysonrowe.wordpress.com/2008/10/09/mandriva-2009-with-kde-4-first-impressions/

Mandriva Linux 2009 Released

Includes KDE 4.1.2 and GNOME 2.24

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Mandriva-Linux-2009-Released-95309.shtml

Mandriva Linux 2009 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva Linux 2009 claims to provide the most advanced and easy-to-use Linux
| operating system available and ships the “modern and cutting-edge” KDE 4.1
| desktop environment and Linux kernel 2.6.27.
`----

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/263492/mandriva_linux_2009_released

Recent:

Mandriva Linux 2009 'optimised' for mini laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux publisher Mandriva has released its latest distribution, Mandriva Linux
| 2009, offering a faster boot time and up-to-date versions of tools such as
| KDE, Gnome, OpenOffice and Firefox, plus an installer that optimises the
| platform for mini-laptops.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2227937/mandriva-optimises-linux-mini

Mandriva 2009 ScreenShots RC2