[News] Drupal (GPL) Turns to Support Business

Open-source Drupal turns pro

,----[ Quote ]
| As we've seen time and again, in an increasing number of enterprise software
| categories, open source has become a promising alternative to commercial
| software. But there's no free ride.
|
| Support from developers is often problematic, and you need to find products
| with a large enough following so that programmers have an incentive to build
| add-on modules. When the Test Center reviewed open source CMSes (content
| management systems), these two factors often broke the tie between otherwise
| robust solutions and gave Alfresco the advantage.
`----

http://www.itworld.com/open-source/55914/open-source-drupal-turns-pro

User combines open source ESB with data services to speed customer reports

,----[ Quote ]
| Generating customer reports is the bane of most development operations. These
| requests flood development groups. The issue has only grown worse as
| organizations compile more and more data, and users more imaginatively
| ask 'what if?,' further taxing programmers' time. One company has taken a
| data services approach to solving the problem, at the same time implementing
| a type of Web services mashup to address user needs.
`----

http://searchsoa.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid26_gci1334139,00.html

Recent:

Acquia Expands Technical Team

,----[ Quote ]
| Acquia, a new software company offering commercial support for the Drupal
| social publishing system, today announced the addition of five new
| individuals to its technical team. With these new additions, Acquia, which
| was launched at Drupalcon in March, marks a 50-percent growth in company
| personnel.

Acquia to Ship Commercially Supported Drupal Build

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/web-cms/acquia-to-ship-commercially-supported-drupal-build-002587.php