[News] Security Appliance Built with GNU/Linux

Resilience(R) Announces New Line of Purpose-Built Linux Appliances With Rapid
Deployment Software for Websense Web Security v7

,----[ Quote ]
| Resilience Corporation announces the first release of its new Resilience CWR
| line of purpose-built Linux appliances for Websense Web Security v7. The
| Resilience CWR Appliance is designed, built and tested to perform seamlessly
| and reliably with the latest version of industry leading Web Security from
| Websense, a global leader providing Essential Information Protection™ for
| more than 42 million employees at more than 50,000 organizations worldwide.
`----

http://au.sys-con.com/node/705357/print

Recent:

Open-source server appliance is "free"

,----[ Quote ]
| KangarooBox is shipping a "free" open-source server appliance that runs
| Debian 5 GNU/Linux

Build your own iSCSI SAN appliances, save money

,----[ Quote ]
| With proprietary systems, it takes two boxes to build a SAN, and it is the
| same when building an open source SAN . That is where the Distributed
| Replicated Block Device (DRBD), a distributed storage system for Linux
| distributions, comes in.
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid39_gci1320334,00.html

Google expands search appliance capacity

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has expanded the capacity of its Search Appliance and made other
| improvements to the customized server that lets people search their
| companies' documents.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10007970-92.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Software Appliances: Delivering Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| By using Linux and other open source components we can integrate the
| components together without the issue of license contention, and deliver a
| very cost-effective solution to the marketplace.
`----

http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/584914_p.htm

SIP application server runs on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Nortel announced a carrier-grade application server aimed at providers of
| broadband SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) voice and other IP-based
| services. The Nortel Adaptive Application Engine (AAE) runs on Red Hat
| Enterprise Linux (RHEL), and provides Web 2.0 services such as social
| networking along with IP voice and multimedia, says Nortel.

Linux-based touchpanel targets elderly homecare

,----[ Quote ]