Re: [Roy Schestowitz Proves he can't read once again] ISO Becomes the Convicted Monopolist Microsoft -- Vendor Capture Confirmed (was: [News] ISO Becomes the Convicted Monopolist Microsoft -- Vendor Capture Confirmed)

> ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Wednesday 08 October 2008 18:25 : \____
>
>> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
>>
>>> On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 01:18:05 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>>
>>> Spot the logic flaw.
>>>
>>> Supposedly, Microsoft has "stuffed" the US SC34 committee.  Ok, let's
>>> accept that for the moment.  According to Rob, below:

>>> Ok, so even if the US committe sent only Microsoft employees, that means
>>> it sends only 2 or 3 members to an international committee.

>>> Ok, so please tell me how a maximum of "2 or 3" Microsoft atendees owns an
>>> international meeting of dozens?
>>>
>>> This is Roy's logic.  A = B, therfore A = C (nevermind that B != C)
>>>
>>> If Microsoft Stuffs the US committee, And the US committee sends 2 or 3
>>> people to the international meeting, that means the international meeting
>>> is stuff too.
>>>
>>> Wow, what logic.
>>
>> Last thing I've heard was that MS has people working in other countries,
>> too...
>

> There is an interesting comment from Rob Weir, in reply to a question from
> WuMingShi, at http://www.robweir.com/blog/2008/10/wheres-rob.html :
>
> "There are several participants in SC34 who have had the stated goal of taking
> control of OOXML and ODF and maintaining them both in SC34 WG's. They've been
> quite open about this plan. The problem is that they are planning a future for
> standards that they neither own nor control nor have technical expertise.
>
> "This was an interesting goal when they first articulated this idea, around two
> years ago. However, now that we've seen that JTC1 is easily corruptible, both
> at the NB, SC and administrative levels, that JTC1 is incapable of fairly
> carrying out its own Directives, and that in practice SC34 is now so dominated
> by Microsoft that we could consider it a fully integrated division of
> Microsoft Corp., this push toward maintaining ODF in SC34 is both naive and
> dangerous. It will not happen. Doing so would be a huge step backwards in
> participation,openness, transparency, in IP rights and in technical quality.
> Drain the swamp first, and then let's talk."

I suspect that if MS were to wage real war against a small African
country, Erik F would find some way of justifying it.  He shouldn't even
be in this group.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |