Re: Ballmer: iPhone will lose to Windows within 5 years

____/ QuantumLeaper on Monday 06 October 2008 21:15 : \____

>> ____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Monday 06 October 2008 20:19 : \____
>>
>>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Ezekiel belched out
>>>   this bit o' wisdom:

>>>    In a bid to lift sales, Microsoft on September 11 cut the price of
>>>    the Xbox 360 Arcade, which comes without a hard disk drive, by 8,000
>>>    yen ($76) to 19,800 yen. It also lowered the price of the high-end
>>>    Elite model by 8,000 yen to 39,800 yen.
>>>
>>> Just another little fact from that link.
>>
>> "Hey, let's make a huge price cut, advertise it widely, then measure the
>> sales
>> in a timeframe of one week/month and bombard journalists in a
>> denial-of-service-style attack until they issue some distasteful
>> coverage."
>>
>> *yawn*
>>
>> Same 'ol Softie...
>>

> What now price cuts are not against the rules?  The problem is the Wii still
> outsells the PS3, most of the time anyway,  so I guess they are fighting for
> number two.  My friend loves the slow ass downloads and the slow ass
> installs on the PS3,  compared the XBox 360 and the Wii.

Yes, they fight for #2 but lose a lot of money in the process. Reports suggest
that both companies might quit this sector after this 'generation'.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Lions are like hippie tigers"
         run-level 5  Oct  6 11:20                   last=S