Re: Windows Live Mail

Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

> On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 10:10:13 +0200, Richard Rasker wrote:
>
>> Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
>>
>>> Just logged into Windows live mail.  Saw the following:
>>>

>>> Upgrade your web browser
>>> We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
>>> out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes.
>>> To get started, choose one of the browsers below:
>>>
>>>     * Microsoft Internet Explorer
>>>     * Mozilla Firefox
>>>     * Apple Safari
>>>
>>> If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to
>>> Windows Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not
>>> be displayed properly.
>>>

>>> Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox.  How odd; that's what I
>>> logged in with.
>>
>> Yes, but Microsoft specifically wants you to log in with Firefox 3.
>
> The version I'm running is 3.0.3.  Apparently I have to upgrade to a
> newer version - one so new it doesn't exist.

Then I guess this dumb heap of Microsoft rubbish doesn't correctly recognize
your user agent string -- either that, or your user agent string has a
non-standard value (about:config -> general.useragent.extra.firefox).

But pardon me for wondering why on earth you'd want to use a crappy service
from a company you don't like -- to put it mildly?

Richard Rasker
--
http://www.linetec.nl