[News] A Look at GNU/Linux Communication Programs, Other FOSS

Is twhirl the "most awesomest" Twitter desktop client for Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| The first thing that I did after I got a Twitter account was look for a
| desktop client for Linux. Unfortunately, I only found a few, and most them
| are still under development and their features are anemic.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/10/is-twhirl-most-awesomest-twitter.html

Pidgin instant messaging client: a video tour

,----[ Quote ]
| Pidgin, formerly known as Gaim, is a popular Instant Messaging (IM) client
| for Linux. It works with 16 different IM services, including AIM, Yahoo, MSN,
| and Google, and can handle simultaneous connections to as many of them as you
| like. This 10-minute video is a brief introduction to Pidgin that shows how
| easy it is to install, in this case on OpenSUSE 11, how easy it is to set
| Pidgin up to use an existing IM account, and how to find and join an IRC
| channel with Pidgin.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/148840

Open Source You Can Use: October Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| In this edition: Chrome vs. Flock, a new OpenOffice.org release candidate,
| leaving behind free-as-in-beer, and a tiny open source gem.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/10/open_source_you_1.html

Recent:

Linux speaks your instant messaging dialect

,----[ Quote ]
| In fact, Pidgin supports no less than 17 different IM protocols! As well as
| the four popular ones I mentioned above – MSN, ICQ, Yahoo and AIM – there is
| Bonjour, Facebook Chat, Gadu-Gadu, Google Talk, Groupwise, IRC, MySpaceIM,
| QQ, SILC, SIMPLE, Sametime, XMPP and Zephyr.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/20916/1143/

Four Twitter clients for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Is there a single best of show among these clients? If you like using Opera,
| its Twitter widget is my top recommendation. If you're using Firefox, you
| can't go wrong with TwitBin. gTwitter is a good, general, easy-to-use client.
| For now, I recommend not using Twitux, but that may change as the application
| matures.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/145144

An Overview of Twitter Clients for Linux

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/overview-twitter-clients-linux