[News] GPLv3 Adoption Takes a Leap, AGPL Importance Stressed

GPL Project Watch List for Week of 09/19

,----[ Quote ]
| Thanks to the hard work of the research team, we have noticed an increase in
| project conversion. This week our GPL v3 count is at 3184 GPL v3 projects, an
| increase of 184 GPL v3 projects. The AGPL v3 count is at 130 AGPL v3
| projects. The LGPL v3 number is at 294 LGPL v3 projects, an increase of 8
| LGPL v3 projects.
`----

http://gpl3.blogspot.com/2008/09/gpl-project-watch-list-for-week-of-0919.html

Another Reason for Open-Source in Web Apps: Data Flow and Syncing

,----[ Quote ]
| As I have said before, without good data exchange across all web
| applications, the web app scene is either going to be a monopoly or a
| disaster. Thanks, but I think I will take the good data exchange option.
`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/09/25/another-reason-for-open-source-in-web-apps-data-flow-and-syncing/

Recent:

Stallman warns against cloud computing

,----[ Quote ]
| In an interview reported by The Guardian, he said, "It's stupidity. It's
| worse than stupidity: it's a marketing hype campaign."
|
| Stallman warns that cloud computing is simply a trap to entice users' into
| entrusting their data and computing applications to proprietary systems that
| are beyond their own control and which service providers could make more and
| more expensive for users over time. He doesn't trust the vendors.
|
| "Somebody is saying this is inevitable -- and whenever you hear somebody
| saying that, it's very likely to be a set of businesses campaigning to make
| it true," Stallman said.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/09/30/stallman-warns-against-cloud

Cloud computing is a trap, warns GNU founder Richard Stallman

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/sep/29/cloud.computing.richard.stallman