[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux is Stomping on Windows

Ubuntu vs Windows: 2 - 1

,----[ Quote ]
| I hope netbooks will help get users to at least try Linux. Asus’ choice of
| (the slightly awkward imho) Xandros is a little unfortunate, but with other
| companies embracing Ubuntu it might just happen. I for one now have two
| machines with a valid Windows license sticker on them that do not run
| Windows. My Vista workstation is now officially outnumbered. Ubuntu 2,
| Windows 1.
`----

http://www.roytanck.com/2008/09/29/ubuntu-vs-windows-2-1/

Ubuntu is popular

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu is popular, popular for a Linux distribution anyway. You think
| commercial and enterprise Linux distributions would look to Ubuntu for
| inspiration, but most companies are close minded.
`----

http://alexvalentine.org/?p=677

Have some fun with ubuntu!

,----[ Quote ]
| Ever wanted to see what the all the jazz that “Ubuntu” is? Well you can do it
| now! No CD’s, no losing Windows, no geek magic to make your computer start.
| In fact you can do it all in Windows… the only requirement -  a fast computer
| (I recommend a dual core processor + 2GB memory minimum).  Specifically all
| we are doing is running Ubuntu in something called a virtual machine, a
| program that emulates computer hardware.
`----

http://khotchkiss.wordpress.com/2008/09/27/have-some-fun-with-ubuntu/

Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex Install

,----[ Quote ]
| The new Intrepid Ibex install provides several new features which will make
| it easier to install Ibex. One of those new features is a new interface for
| understanding how to do a "Manual " installation.  Most of the time the
| option "Guided" install is done because users are frustrated with how to
| create partitions correctly.  The new interface is more graphical and
| intuitive which will help in the process.
`----

http://beginlinux.com/desktop_training/ubuntu/1073-ubuntu-intrepid-ibex-install

Related:

French police deal blow to Microsoft