[News] Red Hat Makes Virtualisation a Linux Feature, Firewalls Are Free Also

Red Hat Gets Serious about Virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
| When Red Hat acquired the virtualization startup Qumranet in early September,
| it announced its intention to challenge the virtualization status quo.
|
| [...]
|
| The ability to size environments correctly, optimize them, handle bottlenecks
| and deliver consistently high performance will be where customers are won and
| lost – eventually. Today, everything is still about cost. Microsoft has
| already tried to peg VMware as an overly expensive solution. Don’t be
| surprised if Red Hat gets in on that game too.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/features/article.php/3774206/Red+Hat+Gets+Serious+about+Virtualization.htm

Never Installed a Firewall on Ubuntu? Try Firestarter

,----[ Quote ]
| “The way to be safe is never to feel secure”. When we use the high-speed
| internet without having any security tool installed, it gives the enormous
| opportunity to “them” means the malicious folks on the internet who are
| desperate to attack on your network and severs. No one can guarantee 100%
| security but at least you can consider yourself in the loop of reasonable
| security using Firestarter, without having any prerequisite of in-depth
| knowledge of TCP/IP security.
`----

http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/142641?rdf

"The Internet? We are not interested in it."

                                --Bill Gates, 1993

Recent:

Red Hat sprints past ESX on VM running

,----[ Quote ]