[News] Omega Does to Fedora what Mint Does to Ubuntu (Simplicity)

Omega 10 Desktop Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The Red Hat community engineer behind the Fedora Games and Fedora Xfce media
| spins, Rahul Sundaram, had announced the release of Omega 10 Beta this past
| weekend. Omega is a desktop/mobile Linux distribution that is based upon
| Fedora but includes packages from the Livna RPM repository. The Omega 10 Beta
| release is roughly equivalent to the Fedora 10 Beta to be released tomorrow,
| but integrates multimedia support not found in Fedora along with delivering
| other added functionality.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=omega_10_beta&num=1

Screenshots.

Recent:

Many happy returns of the day.

,----[ Quote ]
| If you haven’t seen the lovely and festive new banner on the Fedora home page
| today, check it out! Today is a celebration — FIVE GREAT YEARS of Fedora so
| far. Yes, five years ago, fedoraproject.org was officially born, which is, I
| think, a great date to mark the occasion. Happy Birthday, Fedora community!
`----

http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=1184

Video: The history of Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| You’ve seen him here before, but it’s been a while since he popped in for a
| visit. You can enjoy his earlier work here, here, here or here. (Or check out
| his entire RHM collection). Who is that masked man? It’s the Fedora Project’s
| Greg DeKoenigsberg. And who better to talk about this history of the Fedora
| than someone who has been involved nearly every step of the way…
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/09/16/video-the-history-of-fedora/

Alternative Technology Signs Distribution Agreement with Red Hat

,----[ Quote ]
| Alternative Technology will distribute Red Hat's enterprise solutions
| including Red Hat Enterprise Linux and JBoss Enterprise Middleware to its
| large base of reseller partners.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080916005115&newsLang=en
http://tinyurl.com/5le5v5

Seneca, Fedora, and LUX

,----[ Quote ]
| I’m really excited about combining two of my passions this fall: teaching
| Open Source, and working with the Fedora project.
`----

http://www.oreillynet.com/onlamp/blog/2008/07/seneca_fedora_and_lux_1.html?CMP=OTC-6YE827253101&ATT=Seneca+Fedora+and+LUX
http://tinyurl.com/5nv5bn

He's fighting to free us from Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Frields, of Raleigh, N.C.-based Red Hat Inc., is a real player in the open
| source world, and he lives and works in Fredericksburg. Red Hat, founded in
| 1995,  is a free and open source software company and a major Linux
| distribution vendor known for its enterprise operating system Red Hat
| Enterprise Linux. He's Red Hat's Fedora Project Leader. Fedora is a
| community-supported free and open-source Linux-based operating system.
`----

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2008/092008/09132008/410285

Migration to Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| Every time when user wants to try something different, many unanswered
| questions raised. Is is good? Why should I migrate, I am satisfied from my
| operating system now. Could I lose data on my computer? Is it possible just
| to see that thing and if I like it I would give it a try?
|
| Yes, now it is possible. Take a virtual migration tour with screenshots in
| just a few clicks. Do not try anything until you liked it! When you are
| completely sure about that, then you would migrate on real.
`----

http://spreadfedora.org/sf/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=40

Fedora 10 Codenamed "Cambridge"

,----[ Quote ]
| Cambridge was the Red Hat project that went on to form Fedora Core and it was
| the release name for Fedora Core 1. Now with Fedora 10, Red Hat has gone
| full-circle and its codename is Cambridge. This codename was voted on by
| Fedora contributors and among the other contenders were Farnsworth, Nitrate,
| Saltpetre, Terror, and Whiskey Run.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjYyNg

Early Fedora 10 Artwork

,----[ Quote ]
| Since I did a look at Ubuntu’s early concept art and since I am usually very
| impressed by Fedora’s final art, I decided that it would make sense to take a
| look at what has appeared on the Fedora Art Team wiki. I have actually been
| waiting a few days to do this, since, as of just a few days ago, there were
| not enough submissions that I liked to talk about.
`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/07/11/early-fedora-10-artwork/

Fedora on the Final Frontier

,----[ Quote ]
| There has been a long standing rumor regarding NASA running Fedora which all
| of us in the Fedora community have been always intrigued by. Is it true? What
| are they doing with it there? Why don't they run RHEL. Fortunately enough, a
| couple of weeks ago, I got to experience NASA behind the scenes, first hand,
| and hang out with the coolest members of the Fedora community, and find out
| the answer to these questions and lots more.
`----

http://jaboutboul.blogspot.com/2008/02/fedora-on-final-frontier.html

Related:

23,000 Linux PCs forge education revolution in Philippines

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1163450117