[News] A Look at the Brand-new Frugalware Linux and BOSS Linux

Frugalware Linux 0.9 Introduces an Abundance of Changes

,----[ Quote ]
| The Frugalware Team has announced today the ninth stable release of their
| Linux distribution. Frugalware 0.9 (codename Solaria) is now available for
| the i686 and x86_64 architectures, and brings 6,400 changes, among which
| there are 2,279 updated packages, 568 new ones and 926 closed tasks, as well
| as numerous bug fixes.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Frugalware-Linux-0-9-Introduces-an-Abundence-of-Changes-93238.shtml

BOSS Linux 3.0 Comes with KDE and GNOME

,----[ Quote ]
| C-DAC (Center for Development of Advanced Computing) announced a few days ago
| the availability of the latest version of BOSS Linux. This release brings
| support for both KDE and GNOME desktop environments, and includes wide Indian
| language support, Bluetooth, PDF Viewer and RSS Feed Reader.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/BOSS-Linux-3-0-Comes-with-KDE-and-Gnome-93143.shtml

Days ago:

Bharat Operating System Solutions

,----[ Quote ]
| BOSS (Bharat Operating System Solutions) is a GNU/Linux distribution
| developed by  C-DAC (Centre for Development of Advanced Computing) for
| enhancing the use of Free/ Open Source Software throughout India. BOSS
| Linux - a key deliverable of NRCFOSS is an Indian GNU/Linux distribution &
| currently localized to Tamil / Hindi. Targeting Indian user it is designed as
| a user-friendly Desktop environment coupled with Indian language support and
| other packages that are highly relevant for use in the government
| domain.Subsequent version will support the educational domain as well. The
| ultimate goal is to localize into all 22 official Indian regional languages.
| So this benefits non-english speakers to reach technology that bridge digital
| divide in India.
`----

http://bosslinux.in/boss-3-0-release

C-DAC Launches BOSS Linux Version 3.0, Signs MoU with NIC

,----[ Quote ]
| The Center for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) has launched its
| Bharat Operating Systems Solutions (BOSS) Linux software version 3.0
| developed by the National Resource Center for Free/Open Source Software
| (NRCFOSS). BOSS is a GNU/Linux distribution for enhancing the use of Free and
| Open Source Software (FOSS) in the country.
`----

http://www.itnewsonline.com/news/C-DAC-Launches-BOSS-Linux-Version-3.0,-Signs-MoU-with-NIC/13087/4/1

Recent:

Frugalware 0.8 (Kalgan) for i686 released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to announce the immediate
| availability of Frugalware 0.8, our eighth stable release.
`----

http://frugalware.org/news/91

Frugalware 0.7 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Frugalware has a mission, and a really good mission. It works just great out
| of the box. There are a few hick-ups (like the installer bug and some minor
| crashes) but Frugalware is very well on track. It looks awesome, maybe a
| trend-setter in look-and-feel for linux. This is a distribution to look for
| in coming time.
`----

http://simplyjat.blogspot.com/2007/12/frugalware-07-review.html

Skipping Frugalware 0.6 in 5 minutes

,----[ Quote ]
| I was really curious to try the new Frugalware 0.6 (Terminus), to
| see what's new. I downloaded the small netinstall ISO (35 MB), and
| it really worked.
`----

http://beranger.org/index.php?article=2685

Frugalware 0.6 (Terminus) for i686 and x86_64 released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to announce the
| immediate availability of Frugalware 0.6, our sixth stable release.
`----

http://frugalware.org/news/57

Review: Frugalware 0.5 (Siwenna)

,----[ Summary ]