Re: Education Software Monopolist Loses Clients to Free Software

* nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx peremptorily fired off this memo:

>> | Blackboard has become the Microsoft of higher-education technology, say many
>> | campus-technology officials, and they don't mean the comparison as a
>> | compliment. To them the company is not only big but also pushy, and many of
>> | them love to hate it.

Maybe they can get Dean Vernon Wormer to do advertising to improve their
reputation.

>> http://chronicle.com/free/v55/i03/03a00103.htm
>>
>> It's not only evil like Microsoft. It's also /funded/ by Microsoft.
>
> I agree, Blackboard definitely is evil.

But don't confuse them with:

   http://www.blackbaud.com/

They're a big VB house, by the way.

--
Solutions are obvious if one only has the optical power to observe them
over the horizon.