[News] [Rival] Microsoft Shill Attacks Apple

One Bad Apple

,----[ Quote ]
| A former lieutenant of Steve Jobs's once told me something surprising about
| his ex-boss. "Steve is a monopolist at heart," he said. "He's just like Bill
| Gates. He just hasn't been as successful." Well, Jobs is getting there.
`----

http://www.newsweek.com/id/157545/

Disservice to partners may bite Apple

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm an Apple fan. I have been spending a lot of money on Apple products for
| years. But I'm also in the software business, and can't imagine treating my
| own partners as poorly as Apple apparently treats its developer partners.
|
| Apple lost once because of its inability to appeal to a broad developer base.
| If it isn't careful, it will end up alienating its iPhone, iPod, and Mac
| developer communities, pushing them back to Microsoft, over to Google's
| Android platform, or elsewhere.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10034496-16.html

Recent:

Caution: Full-Blown Fool Ahead

,----[ Quote ]
| Imagine...an operating system that runs totally outside of Windows...how
| silly.
|
| You will note that there doesn't seem to be a way to comment on
| his "blog"...and maybe that's by design...or maybe this is just a satire blog
| like Fake Steve Jobs. I don't think so...Our Forbes Editor who got outed as
| the Fake Steve Blogger is simply a mean-spirited @$$-Whole who spend about
| two weeks after the "outing" explaining how he had been taken out of context.
|
| About 90 or 100 times by my count. I am guessing this is the kind of guy who
| got his kicks as a kid sticking firecrackers in a cat's collar and watching
| the mayhem. Our Fool in Full is just plain addled...I have no other recourse
| but to guess that, given the type of stuff he is writing and passing on
| as "technical knowledge". And I quote:
|
| "Linux is a marvellous operating system in its own right, and even
| comes in several different flavours. However, as good as these flavours
| are, they first need Microsoft Windows to load the services prior to
| use."
|
| Now, how many people are reading this drivel and taking it for gospel? You
| have to wonder and my next question would be: Do people who believe this sort
| of Foolishness have any business operating a computer? I have a friend
| in "the business who says she thinks not...
`----

http://blog.lobby4linux.com/index.php?/archives/404-Caution-Full-Blown-Fool-Ahead.html

Related:

Grumpy Fake Steve Jobs

,----[ Quote ]
| Some of you may be wondering why Daniel Lyons, aka Fake Steve Jobs, is on the
| war path against me.

"Fake Steve Jobs" is Daniel Lyons, in case anyone wants to sue

,----[ Quote ]
| Maybe we should be, since this is the man who wrote about the "evils" of
| anonymous blogging in  "Attack of the Blogs", where he said that blogs
| are “the prized platform of an online lynch mob spouting liberty but spewing
| lies, libel and invective.”
|
| Um. Dude. Talk about world class hypocrisy.

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/RDM.Tech.Q3.07/61BE28FC-FCFF-4997-9CCC-B3E215B3D153.html

More on Troy Wolverton, the Street, and Apple Scandal

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/RDM.Tech.Q3.07/082663E0-6FD8-4F1D-909F-1BC72833AD02.html