[News] KDE 4.1.1 Now Avialble for K/ubuntu 8.04

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 107

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #107 for the week August
| 31st - September 6th, 2008. In this issue we cover: Intrepid Alpha 5
| released, KDE Community Stabilizes Desktop with KDE 4.1.1, KDE 4.1.1
| available for Kubuntu 8.04, Wanted: Moderators for Ubuntu Brainstorm, Ubuntu
| Developer Week Summary, PackageKit: Call for testing, New MOTU, Ubuntu
| Package Status Pages, New Proposed WikiGuide page, Call for feedback on new
| wiki theme, Ubuntu-UK podcast #13, Say Ubuntu, KDE Usability project video,
| Atlanta Linux Fest, and much, much more!
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue107

Recent:

Ubuntu releases Intrepid Alpha 5

,----[ Quote ]
| With just over a month to go to the final release of Intrepid Ibex, Ubuntu
| today released Alpha 5 of what will become Ubuntu 8.10.
|
| Due to be released in October this year Intrepid Ibex, or Ubuntu 8.10, will
| have a strong focus on mobile computing as the netbook battle heats up.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2965

Hooray, it's a 4.1.1!

,----[ Quote ]
| After last week's update to the KDE 3.5 series, today's KDE release updates
| the stable KDE 4.1 branch to KDE 4.1.1. It bears the codename "Cebidae"
| referring to an in-joke often made during Akademy 2008. With only a good
| month of development time -- and Akademy in between -- the changelog is still
| impressively long. Pretty much all applications have received the developers'
| attention, resulting in a long list of bugfixes and improvements.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1220442784/

Shuttleworth has some nice words for KDE

,----[ Quote ]
| Is Mr Ubuntu, Mark Shuttleworth, slowly warming towards KDE? Or is the man
| merely trying to keep the KDE folk onside, after a whole host of "technical
| writers" have attacked the new release of that desktop environment?
|
| [...]
|
| Given the amount of flak that the recent KDE release - 4.0 - has taken from
| the pro-GNOME pundits at sites like linux.com, you would think that the worst
| possible thing any supporter of GNOME - as Shuttleworth is perceived to be -
| could do is to speak out in support of anything associated with KDE.
|
| But you would be wrong. Shuttleworth is now floating the idea that there can
| be a QT-based GNOME.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/19456/1148/

Screencast: Showing Off KDE 4.1