[News] Review of Java-based Audio Programs for GNU/Linux

Java Sound & Music Software for Linux, Part 1

,----[ Quote ]
| I've wanted to write this article for quite a while. Over the years I've
| noted that Java-based music and sound applications have increased in number
| and quality, yet no comprehensive list or summaries have covered these
| advances. And so at long last I present this survey of music and sound
| applications that require Java. The presentation follows no particular order,
| but in this first part I'll begin by questioning the use of Java in sound and
| music applications development, followed by a brief look at Java's internal
| audio and MIDI capabilities.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/java-sound-music-software-linux-part-1

Recent:

Adjust Volume of Individual Applications with PulseAudio

,----[ Quote ]
| PulseAudio is the new sound server that’s being included in Ubuntu 8.04 and
| other recent Linux distros. A sound server lets changes be made to sound
| between the applications and sound hardware layers. Among other features,
| PulseAudio provides per-application volume controls, a plugin architecture,
| low-latency, networking features, and good application compatibility.
`----

http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2008/04/10/adjust-volume-of-individual-applications-with-pulseaudio/

What's Cooking in PulseAudio's glitch-free Branch

,----[ Quote ]
| A while ago I started development of special branch of PulseAudio which is
| called glitch-free. In a few days I will merge it back to PulseAudio trunk,
| and eventually release it as 0.9.11.
`----

http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/pulse-glitch-free.html

Audio in Linux is awesome

,----[ Quote ]
| I can’t wait for PulseAudio. I’m sure that will make all of this even easier.
`----

http://darkness.codefu.org/wordpress/2007/12/15/292

Why Vista sounds worse

,----[ Quote ]