[News] GNU/Linux-based Aspire Tips, Questions of Trust and Comfort

Ten tweaks for a new Acer Aspire One

,----[ Quote ]
| Acer's Aspire One is ready to go out of the box, but if you've opted for the
| Linux version and you're new to the OS, you may be wondering how to started.
| Here are ten things to try.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/09/05/ten_aspire_one_tips/

It runs many other distros for those who are not satisfied with the default.

Building Trust in Linux Distributions

,----[ Quote ]
| Opinion: When running a Linux system, a user relies on the creator of the
| Linux distribution to provide them with a stable, fast, secure and bug-free
| experience. But given the experience of recent weeks, it may be worth
| considering how that user makes sure that's what they get.
`----

http://www.heise-online.co.uk/open/Building-Trust-in-Linux-Distributions--/features/111477

Recent:

Acer Aspire One Review

,----[ Quote ]
| The Aspire One comes preinstalled with Linpus Linux, which in turn is based
| on Fedora Core 8. I’m not really a fan of rpm distributions, but Acer have
| tuned this installation to the point where it will resume from suspend in
| around 10 seconds, and cold boot to the desktop in less than 20 seconds, so
| I’m reluctant to change.
`----

http://www.linuxhaxor.net/2008/09/01/acer-aspire-one-review/

Acer: Aspire One HSDPA support is imminent

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/08/29/ifa_acer_aa1_linux_3g/