Re: [News] New Zealand Herald Compared GNU/Linux and Vista

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Vista vs Linux - has the Penguin got the power? -
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | After answering several simple questions and making a cuppa, The Acer
> | eventually restarted to display the Linux desktop. Everything on my
> | previously slothful Acer not only worked, it worked much faster. System
> | windows literally sprung open, and starting an app didn't result in
> | endless hard drive activity or hour glass pointers. In short Suse looked
> | good and, compared to Windows Vista on my same notebook, ran like greased
> | lightening.
> `----
>
> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=55&objectid=10530745

Nice article, I thought - and quite balanced.  In fact, I found it difficult
to disagree with his observations and findings, even though he called it a
4:3 win for MS.  If one admits to being "a bit tech, savvy" of course, that
completely turns his conclusion around and more, which again is imo to be
expected at least.

To me, what is coming across very strongly these days is how much publicity
like this that Linux is getting, and most/all of it is *good* publicity.