Re: Google, Chrome, and the BBC

____/ bbgruff on Tuesday 02 September 2008 19:26 : \____

> Evidently, Google has just launched it's new browser - Chrome.
> Hopefully another standards-compliant app?
>
> The MS spokesman has assured us all that people will prefer I.E.8....
>
> ...but the BBC goes on to say:-
>
> "The launch of a beta version of Chrome on Tuesday evening (UK time) will be
> Google's latest assault on Microsoft's dominance of the PC business. The
> firm's Internet Explorer program dominates the browser landscape, with 80% of
> the market."
>
> I.E. 80%????
> Where in heaven's name does the BBC get it's figures?
>
> Even if I look at The Troll's Own Source:-
>  http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=1
>
> it's down at 72.15, and hasn't been over 80% since *November* *2006* !!!

What, you didn't hear? Beeb is the next MSNBC. Serving Kool-Aid works better
for them.

BBC set to name Erik Huggers as Ashley Highfield's successor

,----[ Quote ]
| The BBC is expected to confirm that former Microsoft executive Erik Huggers
| is to replace Ashley Highfield as the new BBC director of future media and
| technology as early as today.
`----

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/jul/15/bbc.digitalmedia?gusrc=rss&feed=media

Execs & Accounts UK and EU: WPP, Microsoft, BBC Worldwide

,----[ Quote ]
| Chris Dobson, Microsoft's VP for its UK Online Service Group, is leaving the
| company. Dobson is believed to be joining BBC Worldwide in a senior role. He
| joined Microsoft in 2001 following positions at Zenith and MTV Networks.
`----

http://www.clickz.com/showPage.html?page=3630709

- --
"There's a lot of Linux out there -- much more than Microsoft generally signals
publicly -- and their customers are using it..." --Paul DeGroot, a Directions
On Microsoft analyst.