Re: Why Google Chrome is Good New for GNU/Linux (Out Soon)

* bbgruff peremptorily fired off this memo:

>> I've heard people complain about Google apps, that they're slow.  This
>> could obviously have a big impact on the friendliness of using them
>> over MS Office.
>
> Yep.
> I think his conclusion might well be right as well:-
>
> "How fast is that really? Fast enough that, for the first time, I can see
> ordinary users using Web-based applications instead of desktop-based
> applications for their every day work. Microsoft Office look out".
>
> This isn't really aimed at browsers, is it?
> It's aimed at web apps.
> On Javascript, he's talking 3x as fast as FF, 16x as fast as IE7.

Read the comic book.

   http://blogoscoped.com/google-chrome/

Interesting, but it's a pretty tedious way to read about a software
project.  At least they didn't use Silverlight to post it.

--
<Knghtbrd> Feanor - license issues are important.  If we don't watch our
           arses now, someone's gonna come up and bite us later...