[News] Tax Issues, Recession, Green Computing and Free Software Solutions

The Linux Party

,----[ Quote ]
| My hope is that those all-important choices are ones who have at least
| entertained the idea of using Open Source and Linux in government. Lowering
| costs and tax burdens should be high on the list for the new regime--not
| business as usual.

Also from DaniWeb:

Crystal Ball Sunday #10: Linux Vendor Consolidation

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the 10th installment of the Crystal Ball Sunday series. This is an
| exciting time to be involved with Linux because the temperature is right for
| some Linux vendor consolidation. In my August 22nd post, Microsoft and
| Novell: Buying In or Selling Out, I subtly predicted that Microsoft would end
| up buying Novell due to its overwhelming and somewhat odd major investment in
| Novell.
|
| My prediction hasn't come true quite yet but on the horizon for 2009 you'll
| see Linux company consolidation. I think several of the more popular
| distributions will be absorbed (assimilated) into the larger distributions.

Microsoft sees slide in profits

Microsoft Profit Drops; Forecast May Miss Estimates

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aQ7_iN1SxJ.c&refer=worldwide