Re: Signs That GNU/Linux is Already Mainstream on the Desktop Too

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 3 Sep 2008 13:53:56 -0700 (PDT)
<759598e7-f6cf-4430-bf6f-12ab1235ae17@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Sep 2, 2:42 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> When Linux gets cited as a matter of course, it?s truly gone mainstream
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | In the Linux console, if you enter the following commands, you can learn the
>> | secrets of a political dirty trick
>> `----
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/Murphy/?p=1231
>
> So maybe now the entire right wing will convert to Linux?

Um...anyone else know that Host: was introduced as of
HTTP/1.1, and virtual hosts are an integral part of
Apache's config file? :-)  Even my laptop can do that.

In any event, the world has changed since then:

http://74.208.74.232/
Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)
http://obamadefense.com/
Godaddy parksquat/shingle
http://sarahpalingayrights.com/
Another parksquat/shingle

obamadefense.com -> 68.176.232.100
68.176.232.100 -> backlookup failure

sarapalingayrights.com -> 208.78.242.184
208.78.242.184 -> park.dynadot.com

http://park.dynadot.com/
Shingle

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx