[News] GNU/Linux Fest in Atlanta and Many More Conferences Coming

Atlanta Linux Fest 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| On Saturday, September 20th, 2008, the Atlanta Linux Fest will be the place
| to learn, discuss, and discover Linux. There will be demos of various
| distributions, as well as an install fest for new users to try out Live CDs
| and get help with Linux installations.
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10847.html

http://atlantalinuxfest.org/

Upcoming open source & web conferences

,----[ Quote ]
| -Zend conference 2008, Sept 15-18, Santa Clara, CA
| -Web 2.0 Expo, Sept 16-19, New York, NY
| -Astricon conference, Sept 23-25, Glendale AZ
| -MySQL European conferences, Oct 21, 23, Nov 19, Munich, London, Paris
| -Web 2.0 Expo Europe, Oct 21-23, Berlin
| -International PHP Conference, Oct 27-30, Rheingoldhall, Mainz
| -ApacheCon 2008, Nov 3-8, New Orleans
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2008/09/upcoming_open_s_2.html

QualiPSo worldwide conference highlights strengths and challenges of Open
Source Software, the state of play in the market, and future trends

,----[ Quote ]
| Qualipso, a unique international alliance of ICT industry players, SMEs,
| research, public sector bodies and academics, whose role it is to help
| industry and governments fuel innovation and competitiveness with Open Source
| software (OSS) recently published the report of its annual Conference,
| bringing together top speakers and participants from nearly 30 countries.
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10843.html

Recent:

K-12 Open Minds Conference

,----[ Quote ]
| The K-12 Open Minds Conference is the first of its kind - an International
| event specifically for K-12 educators designed to make OPEN SOURCE software
| and OPEN SYSTEMS more available and easier to use.  Last year's conference
| was a huge success and paved the way for an even more exciting conference
| this year!
`----

http://www.k12openminds.org/

More Upcoming Open Source Conferences: links 30-08-2008

,----[ Quote ]
| Open Hack 2008 - Hack is back, September 12-13 at Yahoo! HQ in Sunnyvale.
| Over 30 web services and APIs. Search, geo, music, mobile, and more. If
| interested request an invite at: hackday.org.
|
| Paris Capitale du Libre - FNILL, the French National Federation of Open
| Source Software Industry, is organizing the third edition on September 24-25.
| During the event on the 24th will be held the first European Opensource
| Lawyers Event.
|
| The Open Source World Conference...
`----

http://robertogaloppini.net/2008/08/30/more-upcoming-open-source-conferences-links-30-08-2008/

Upcoming Open Source Conferences: links 28-08-2008

,----[ Quote ]
| DNI Open Source Conference 2008, September 11-12, 2008 in Ronald Reagan
| Building in Washington DC - The Office of the Director of National
| Intelligence announces that the “DNI Open Source Conference 2008″ will be
| held on 11-12 September in Washington DC. Read also their blog (via Kent’s
| blog). Agenda and break-out sessions are on line.
|
| Linux Plumbers Conference -  16-19 September, Portland, Oregon. Have a look
| at the program.
|
| Openmind 2008 - COSS...
`----

http://robertogaloppini.net/2008/08/28/upcoming-open-source-conferences-links-28-08-2008/

Announcing the OpenOffice.org Annual Conference Beijing 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenOffice.org has today opened registration for its biggest ever annual
| international conference. The Conference - to be held in Beijing, China
| between 5th.-7th. November - is the main event of the year for developers,
| supporters, and users of OpenOffice.org software, the leading free software
| alternative to Microsoft Office.

Freedom Not Fear 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| On 11. October 2008 we call for an international action day in as many
| European capital cities as possible and elsewhere around the world to
| demonstrate against the total retention of telecommunication data and other
| instruments of surveillance.
`----

http://wiki.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de/Freedom_Not_Fear_2008

Open source event targets developers

,----[ Quote ]
| The organizers of an event billed as Southeast Asia's largest open source
| conference, are counting on developer interest to fill the seats at the event
| in February next year.
|
| [...]
|
| Oracle is running a showcase of its Oracle Enterprise Linux OS and
| virtualization product, Oracle VM, at a session it calls InstallFest,
| targeted at developers.
|
| Shane Owenby, senior director, Linux and open source, Oracle Asia-Pacific,
| told ZDNet Asia he expects a good turnout at the session. "Both products are
| receiving significant interest from developer communities [and] are also
| freely distributed by Oracle which also makes them attractive to developers,"
| he said.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/software/0,39044164,62045365,00.htm

OGC Announces Participation in FOSS4G Conference

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.directionsmag.com/press.releases/index.php?duty=Show&id=24517&trv=1