[News] 20 Examples of Powerful GNU/Linux Applications

20 Linux apps you can't live without

,----[ Quote ]
| Following the success of our 25 killer apps for Linux post, we've dug deep to
| find the 20 must-have apps you should get your hands on today. Believe us
| when we say that for Linux users, they're indispensable.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/internet/20-indispensible-linux-applications-461062

Top 7 Best-kept Ubuntu Secrets

,----[ Quote ]
| As you can see, these are just some of the secret applications that the Linux
| community has at its disposal. Some may be well-known in Linux circles, but
| some of these add more and more reasons for outsiders to switch.
`----

http://synapticism.wordpress.com/2008/08/31/top-7-best-kept-linux-secrets/

Recent:

25 killer Linux apps

,----[ Quote ]
| We all know that Linux is about choice.
|
| Everyone has the choice of what they use and how they use it, provided they
| have access to a tame hacker with suitable programming skills.
|
| A consequence of this is that there's a huge range of software out there. If
| there's a popular favourite for a given task, you can bet your bottom dollar
| there'll be at least one alternative. You've only to look at the package
| selection options in most distro installers to see just how many choices you
| can make before you even start using your distribution.
|
| Over the next few pages we'll highlight some of the choices available to you
| for some of the most common desktop tasks. There's no 'best' software here,
| for the simple reason that it's all the best.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/pc/25-killer-linux-apps-454327

Is the “killer app” argument dead?

,----[ Quote ]
| I’m feeling the influence that Firefox is having on standardizing the web
| browsing experience across Windows, Mac and Linux.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=2417

Forget Facebook. The Web's platform is Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9893479-16.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20