Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 20th of September, 2008.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 20th of September, 2008.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 07:40:43 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.30

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2008.

This report covers 852 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     362 1482675     3%
   2. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                   65   52233    57%
   3. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      40   64346    70%
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     40   88935    76%
   5. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        32   31779    49%
   6. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         31   48769    22%
   7. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   25   61269    28%
   8. Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>            23   27032    67%
   9. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     20   27103    72%
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx   20   22928    41%
  11. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               18   19019    72%
  12. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           17   16327    50%
  13. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      15   36949    80%
      ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                         15   21163    68%
  15. RonB <ronb02noSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                     13    7751    54%
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>               13   32686    33%
      bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     13   14862    43%
  18. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    10    5837    61%
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@REMOVETHISSPAMTRAP   10   18650    84%
  20. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>        9   15576    85%
  21. SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                        8    8348    82%
  22. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>               7   14543    43%
  23. Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>             5    8091    75%
  24. Steve de Mena - CSMA Refugee                       4    3615    71%
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           4    6859    88%
  26. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                               3    3552    88%
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                3    1013    67%
      Alan Baker - CSMA Refugee                          3    2672    76%
  29. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                2    1345    30%
      beegeebee1@xxxxxxxxx                               2    4875    13%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. How simple are newbies anyway?                           50   73593
   2. X11 multi-head displays - nothing new - Re: Multi-       47   76508
   3. [News] Hexen and Heretic Become Free Software (GNU       40   53450
   4. Amazon's best selling laptops run ...                    27   35471
   5. About that London Stock Exchange IT failure              24   33412
   6. Linux vs Windows in Supercomputing                       22   30630
   7. Linux DELL Mini                                          21   28139
   8. [News] Microvell Employee Throws Slime at Ubuntu,        20   42161
   9. [News] [SOT] British Government Embraces Microsoft       19   24318
  10. [News] Prettiness of 'Non-Default' Ubuntu GNU/Linu       15   11538
  11. Windows Vista did not steal ideas from Mac OS X!         14   34936
  12. Seinfeld and Gates, we hardly knew you                   13   12432
      Linux really catching on                                 13   19864
  14. [News] Proprietary Office Suites a Waste of Money,       12   22602
  15. GNU/Linux Rises While Windows Vista is Killing Mic       10   11057
      Linus Career Change                                      10    6227
  17. [News] Novell and Microsoft Are Poisoning OpenOffi        9   13119
      [News] Microsoft's Nightmare is Near: OpenOffice.o        9   16457
  19. "Bad Guys," "People who lie and lie and lie"              8   19606
  20. Somewhat OT: Our three offices love Google apps           7    5383
      [News] Little new in Windows 7                            7    4742
  22. Is Linux growing at Windows' or Unix's expense?           6   11135
      New Ubuntu based netbook                                  6    1677
      [SOT] IP laws creating 'bare medicine chest'              6   16084
  25. [News] Bill Gates Fosters, Sponsors Vicious Patent        5   16639
      [News] [Rival] Microsoft Desperate for Cash, Uses         5   16203
      TurboCash now runs on Linux and WINE                      5    4606
      Bill Gates still selling his stock???                     5    3046
  29. [News] 'Sideshow' Concept Already Running in GNU/L        4    2528
      [News] Ubuntu Adds Proprietary Codecs (Microsoft J        4    7665
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     49
   2. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  33
   3. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     23
   4. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    20
   5. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          16
   6. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        15
   7. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     14
   8. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       13
   9. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        12
      bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    12
  11. ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                        11
  12. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     9
  13. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           8
      Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            8
  15. SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                       6
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      6
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                              6
  18. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       5
  19. Steve de Mena - CSMA Refugee                                      4
      Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               4
      RonB <ronb02noSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                     4
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                               4
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    4
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          4
  25. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                               2
      Ignoramus11155 <ignoramus11155@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>              2
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                               2
      Jeffrey Needle <jeff.needle@xxxxxxxxx>                            2
      Alan Baker - CSMA Refugee                                         2
  30. Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            1
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    152
   2. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        74
   3. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  68
   4. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       66
   5. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                              65
   6. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          64
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        64
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             64
   9. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          62
      Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           62
  11. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   61
      RonB <ronb02noSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                    61
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    61
  14. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    60
      Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     60
  16. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              59
      ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                        59
  18. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    56
  19. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     55
      SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                      55
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     55
  22. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      54
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           481
   2. slrn                                                            176
   3. Thunderbird                                                     103
   4. G2/1.0                                                           40
   5. Pan                                                              35
   6. Forte Agent                                                      10
   7. MT-NewsWatcher                                                    4
   8. ProNews/2                                                         1
      tin                                                               1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| By bucking Microsoft for open source, says Gunderloy, "I'm no
| longer contributing to the eventual death of programming."
| ~ http://www.linux.com/feature/142083

 07:40:26 up 35 days,  4:53,  5 users,  load average: 0.50, 0.17, 0.20