[News] Free Speech Recognition Software and CLI IRC Clients List

Sphinx: Open Source Speech Recognition

,----[ Quote ]
| Have you been frustrated with speech recognition software in the past? I've
| used the top proprietary products, such as IBM's ViaVoice and Nuance's Dragon
| Naturally Speaking in the past. I've found limited good uses for them, but
| they're not entirely accurate, and they're reasonably expensive.
| Carnegie-Mellon University developed a free offering called Sphinx, which may
| be a good alternative for many people, and it's now offered under a BSD
| license.
`----

http://ostatic.com/173381-blog/sphinx-open-source-speech-recognition

IRC Clients for Linux Part 2: List of 5 CLI Clients

,----[ Quote ]
| As a conclusion, I strongly recommend Irssi, followed by WeeChat and Epic4.
| The first two are powerful enough, flexible, documented and have scripting
| support, while the latter is a little harder to use (at least in the
| beginning) and it has its own scripting language. Despite this, Epic4 has the
| advantage of giving you total control over how you want its interface to look
| like, and it also provides many scripts on the official website for
| customising it. BitchX is too old now and it's no longer updated, while
| TinyIRC offers only the minimum features needed to connect and interract with
| an IRC server.
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2008/09/irc-clients-for-linux-part-2-list-of.html

Recent:

IRC Clients for Linux - A Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Since I'm an IRC addict and I always liked to spend time learning new stuff
| on IRC, here is a review of several IRC clients for Linux. Some of them are
| well-known and popular, like XChat, Konversation or Irssi, and others are not
| so widely used or known, but nevertheless, they deserve mentioning.
`----

http://vivapinkfloyd.blogspot.com/2008/07/irc-clients-for-linux-review.html

10 IRC client for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| For many like me IRC is the main chat medium to share information about
| things we love. Be it linux, Ubuntu, games, whatever; there are always
| channels with many like minded people to talk to. There are a huge number of
| IRC clients out there, listing them all for me would be an impossible task.
| However, I could list 10 IRC clients I have used over the years, which are
| also quite popular among IRC/Linux community.
`----

http://www.linuxhaxor.net/2008/06/26/10-irc-client-for-linux/

HIMSS 08: IGEL Technology Presents Full Dictation and Speech Recognition
Capabilities on Linux and XPembedded Thin Clients

,----[ Quote ]
| IGEL Technology, one of the world's leading thin client vendors, today
| announced that they have partnered with Philips Speech Recognition Systems to
| bring advanced digital dictation and speech recognition solutions to its
| Linux firmware.
`----

http://www.centredaily.com/business/technology/story/420520.html

Related:

Asterisk Fuels Speech Technologies

,----[ Quote ]
| It should be noted that Sphinx is an open-source speech recognition
| engine but as the execs at LumenVox tell me, they took Sphinx and
| added 30-35 years of development to make it commercial grade and
| easier to program with.
`----

http://opensourcepbx.tmcnet.com/topics/development-tools/articles/6826-asterisk-fuels-speech-technologies.htm

Automatic speech recognizer claims 98% accuracy

,----[ Quote ]
| Fonix Speech has updated its automatic speech recognition
| (ASR) software that runs on Linux, among other OSes. The
| company claims that VoiceIn SE 4.1 boosts recognition by
| 24 percent, to accuracy rates as high as 98 percent, and
| offers significantly improved recognition accuracy in
| "noise-saturated" environments.

Improving Open Source Speech Recognition

,----[ Quote ]
| We are essentially creating a user-submitted repository of the
| 'source' speech audio for the creation of Acoustic Models to be
| used by Speech Recognition Engines. The Speech Audio files will
| then be 'compiled' into Acoustic Models for use with Open Source
| Speech Recognition engines such as Sphinx, HTK, CAVS and Julius."
`----

http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/10/10/1953216&from=rss

Fonix Releases Linux-Supported Automatic Speech Recognition Technology

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://in.sys-con.com/read/280838_p.htm