[News] Red Hat Claimed a Biggest Contributor to Linux

Red Hat tops list of corporate Linux code contributors

,----[ Quote ]
| Right now, there is a very huge scarcity in developers who know how to do
| this kind of work. Lots and lots of companies are trying madly to train their
| internal engineers on how to work with the community, in this kind of very
| different development model. They are looking for and need people that
| already know how to do this kind of thing. So don't sell yourself short at
| all. Your skills are wanted and needed, so either tell your current employer
| that you need to have the time to do this kind of upstream work, or change to
| a company that knows this already."
`----

http://www.sdtimes.com/RED_HAT_TOPS_LIST_OF_CORPORATE_LINUX_CODE_CONTRIBUTORS/About_LINUX_and_OPENSOURCE_and_CANONICAL_and_REDHAT/32870

The power of Collaborative Innovation

,----[ Quote ]
| Let us take Linux as an example. In September 1991, Linus Torvalds released
| 10,000 lines of source code under the General Public License (GPL). The GPL
| gives users four freedoms:
|
|    1. The freedom to run the program, for any purpose
|    2. The freedom to study how the program works, and adapt it to your needs
|    3. The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor
|    4. The freedom to improve the program, and release your improvements to
|       the public, so that the whole community benefits
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/09/18/the-power-of-collaborative-innovation/

Recent:

He's fighting to free us from Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Frields, of Raleigh, N.C.-based Red Hat Inc., is a real player in the open
| source world, and he lives and works in Fredericksburg. Red Hat, founded in
| 1995,  is a free and open source software company and a major Linux
| distribution vendor known for its enterprise operating system Red Hat
| Enterprise Linux. He's Red Hat's Fedora Project Leader. Fedora is a
| community-supported free and open-source Linux-based operating system.
`----

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2008/092008/09132008/410285

Migration to Fedora

,----[ Quote ]