Re: Seinfeld and Gates, we hardly knew you

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Thursday 18 September 2008 19:22 : \____

On Sep 18, 10:59 am, Sinister Midget <fardblos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2008-09-18, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:

____/ bbgruff on Thursday 18 September 2008 12:53 : \____
"Microsoft has ditched its Jerry Seinfeld-fronted advertising campaign,
after everyone thought it was crap."
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/18/seinfeld_campaign_over/
When I have time (don't hold your breath!) I really must go back and read
what amicus_whatsit said in his learned paper to me re. the benefits to
MS of this campaign, and how FOSS would not succeed because it doesn't
have similar.....
Sorry Jerry ruined his reputation for nothing. Both will go down the
ashtray.
Hey, I'll gladly destroy my reputation for 10M easy money. I could
always work to build it back with about half that. Jerry already has
enough loyal hngers-on that it won't take nearly that much for him to
recover.
I wonder if he had to sign an agreement promising never to mention
that he actually uses Macs.

Is it true?

I don't know about that, but his face was used in Apple ads a long time back.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vNDEwsIGJKI