[News] $75 GNU/Linux Sub-notebook Could be Near

The $75, 1-watt laptop

,----[ Quote ]
| Turns out that it's better than that: the organisation is moving forward with
| its plans for the 'XO-2' – a laptop that will aim for an $75 (£42) price
| point.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/laptops/the-75-one-watt-laptop-466385

Recent:

$98 Linux Laptop - The HiVision miniNote

,----[ Quote ]
| HiVision CO., LTD makes one of the worlds cheapest Linux laptops at $98 using
| a new cheaper chipset, WiFi, 1GB flash storage, it runs Linux, 3 USB ports,
| Ethernet, SDHC card reader, audio in and out. Voice-chat, Skype, multi-tabbed
| Firefox browser support, Abiword for word processing.
`----

http://techvideoblog.com/ifa/98-linux-laptop-the-hivision-mininote/

$75 SODIMM-sized SBC runs Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| India-based E-con Systems has announced a Marvell PXA270-based system on
| module (SOM) that sells for as little as $75. The SODIMM-sized eSOM270 comes
| pre-installed with Linux, includes 64MB or 128MB of RAM, and has a camera
| interface and a LCD controller, E-con says.

Sic Transit Gloria Laptopi

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://radian.org/notebook/sic-transit-gloria-laptopi