[News] [Rival] Microsoft Hired Shills and Proxies Can't Sabotage Yahoo/Google

[Microsoft hired shills against this, for a fact [1]]

Google's Schmidt: Full steam ahead Yahoo ad deal

,----[ Quote ]
| Despite increasing scrutiny from regulators, Google Chief Executive Eric
| Schmidt showed no signs of being deterred from its plan to put into effect
| its search-ad deal with Yahoo less than a month from now.
|
| [...]
|
| Because Android is open-source software, anyone may use and modify it for
| free. "I expect there will be others taking that code and producing phones
| without us," Brin said.
|
| Why invest all that money in a phone operating system? To bring the mobile
| Web to the masses.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10044908-93.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Yahoo testing livelier, more open home page

,----[ Quote ]
| Yahoo has begun offering some users a more personalized home page that the
| company hopes will increase the usage and utility of a Web site that's widely
| used but elderly in Internet years.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10044541-93.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

___
[1] Corn Farmers Against Google?

,----[ Quote ]
| Only if they're planting in AstroTurf
|
| [...]
|
| How do you know the organization, and the op-ed, weren't created by LawMedia
| Group at the behest of some well-funded clients? If they did their jobs
| right, you don't know.
|
| Some of them have left digital fingerprints here and there, though, says
| Declan McCullagh, in a blockbuster of a report exposing the intellectual
| whoredom offered for various important issues. Shortly after Microsoft hired
| LawMedia, for example, legislators, national agencies, and news outlets
| received pointed complaints from coalitions of farmers, rural voters, and
| geeky Latinos about how Google's advertising deal with Yahoo would wreck
| everything.
|
| [...]
|
| Don't call them a PR firm or a lobbying firm though, Law Media – which has a
| ton of lawyers working for them too—is a "public affairs firm" specializing
| in producing "remarkable coalitions" for anything one might need a coalition
| for.
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/08/14/corn-farmers-against-google

Google/Yahoo web ad deal on track despite anti-trust scrutiny

,----[ Quote ]
| Google says its web advertising deal with Yahoo is on schedule and will not
| be derailed by US anti-trust scrutiny.
`----

http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2008/08/29/232070/googleyahoo-web-ad-deal-on-track-despite-anti-trust.htm

Icahn and Microsoft to oust Yahoo board

,----[ Quote ]
| CORPORATE RAIDER Carl Icahn and convicted monopolist Microsoft have asked
| Yahoo shareholders to vote out Yahoo's board and install Icahn's proposed
| slate of replacements.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/07/07/icahn-microsoft-team-oust-yahoo

Microsoft cops to talking with Icahn on Yahoo

,----[ Quote ]
| Dispensing with its previous above-the-fray posture, Microsoft has
| admitted -conspiring with- talking to activist Yahoo shareholder Carl Icahn,
| who is trying to oust the Internet company's board and Chief Executive Jerry
| Yang for failing to sell out to the software giant.
`----

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2008/06/microsoft-talki.html

Yahoo: Icahn “Manipulates The Facts”

,----[ Quote ]